Dogs are often called “man’s best friend” because they fit in with human life. Dogs can serve people in many ways. For example, there are guard dogs, hunting dogs, herding dogs, guide dogs for blind people, and police dogs.
There are also dogs that are trained to smell for diseases in the human body or to find bombs or illegal drugs. These dogs sometimes help police in airports or other areas.
Sniffer dogs (usually beagles) are sometimes trained for this job.
Dogs have even been sent by Russians into outer space, a few years before any human being. The first dog sent up was named Laika, but she died within a few hours.
25 amazing words about dogs
- Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
- I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.
- Only my dogs will not betray me.
- Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.
- When you feel lousy, puppy therapy is indicated.
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog.
- It’s no coincidence that man’s best friend cannot talk.
- One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why.
- A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.
- Dogs act exactly the way we would act if we had no shame.
- Happiness is a warm puppy.
Charles M. Schulz
- If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
- You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.
- Acquiring a dog may be the only time a person gets to choose a relative.
- There is nothing truer in this world than the love of a good dog.
- Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.
- You really have to be some kind of a creep for a dog to reject you.
- The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
- Thorns may hurt you, girls desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you’re never friendless ever, if you have a dog.
- You call to a dog and a dog will break its neck to get to you. Dogs just want to please. Call to a cat and its attitude is, ‘What’s in it for me?’
- It is scarcely possible to doubt that the love of man has become instinctive in the dog.
- If your dog doesn’t like someone you probably shouldn’t, either.
Dogs Wallpapers Album
By the way… Happy National Dog Day.